It’s amazing what an exterior renovation can do for an old house. This home in the Riverview area of North Chattanooga, TN was outdated and in desperate need of renovation. The architects had a grand plan that involved adding dormers and gables to add visual interest and texture to this home.
The exterior renovations included:
- The white brick was painted a more neutral gray tone.
- Stone was added to the columns, front of the house, chimney and mailbox.
- The driveway was fitted with stone and the sidewalk was repositioned and laid with stone.
- New doors, windows and garage doors were installed.
- A new roof was installed with dormers and cedar shake gables.
- New landscaping was installed.
Let’s Move Inside
In addition to updating the exterior, the interior was completely overhauled. The interior remodel involved removing lots of walls, creating a vaulted great room and replacing windows with glass doors to bring the outdoors in.
Before & After Photos
You’ll notice the orange paint line which was sprayed on the walls that were removed.
The new interior is clean, modern & open. It’s hard to believe it is the same house!
A Home for All Seasons
The back yard had huge potential, but was under utilized.
We built a new screen porch with outdoor kitchen, stone fireplace, columns & floor and a tongue in groove vaulted ceiling. A tiered patio with boulders, in-ground pool and sunning areas completes the backyard oasis. It’s the perfect escape after a long day. The doors open all the way up across the front and back of the house to make the most of entertaining in this gorgeous home!